Pages

17.6.08

Please Can I Have A Chicken?

These are the exact words that come out of my sons mouth every time we leave Grandpa and Grandma's house. Gabe has always been such an animal lover! I love that he has such a tender side for animals. I do not however share his enthusiasm for animals. Don't get me wrong , I love animals, just as long as some one else owns them! Gabe is constantly acting like a different animal. He begs to keep worms as pets and tries to bathe with them!(gross I know!!) If my parents catch a mouse in a trap, he will cry to let it out and ask to keep it as a pet. He is absolutely in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, with the Chickens at my parents house. He catches them and rubs his face against there's. He really is so soft with them and they let him hold them for hours. ( I think they are in shock.) I am a little sicked out by the whole nuzzling up against them, but he loves them so much. We can't keep him out of the chicken coop. My dad doesn't so much love it, but Gabe is in heaven. You should see him act like a chicken. He has studied them down to a "T". My mom will pet his head, and he will Bock like a chicken and cock his head back and fourth while holding his hands up like talons. It is seriously uncanny how much he resembles a chicken! One of my personal favorites is when we take Gabe to the store and let him pick out a treat, he always goes for those disgusting, blue gummy sharks. He holds them and pets there backs. He says that they are his pets and he carries them with him where ever we go. As soon as I see hair and dirt attached, I know it is time to say good bye to the shark pets! I guess having candy as a pet is much better than actually eating it, right? Here are a few cute pictures we took of him in my parents back yard!


I just caught him carrying a full conversation with his feathery friend!


Like I said before, I think the Chicken is in shock!!


No matter how many times we bathe him, we can't quite get that
DIRTY smell to go away! My sweet and dirty little boy, what would I do without him?

13 comments:

Becca said...

Ooh, I like that close up of the chicken. You need to print it out for Dad to hang in his office.

I can totally see Gabe impersonating a chicken--they're very much like T-Rexes, and we all know how well he can impersonate THOSE.

And, about the gummy sharks . . . disGUSTing.

Nichelle said...

That is so funny!! I love the whole gummy shark thing. It is too funny that he packs them around. I want to see the chicken impersonation some time.

JANEAL said...

Come on Hanna can't the little boy have a chicken? He said PLEASE! That is so cute how much he loves animals....you would think most little kids would be scared of the chickens....at least I would be. What a sweet boy!

Unknown said...

That is too cute that he loves chickens, I am not an animal lover either- we will stick to our gummy worms!! :)

Bon said...

Oh my heck I laughed so hard! Him and Caleb are so much a like with animals! Except for Caleb occasionally likes to see if he can make the chicken fly! HA! I love those pictures of him! And oh the smell.....:)

Janiel said...

Too cute!!!

jen said...

How cute! Some day I'm going to have a little boy, or at least I hope too:) Your kids are so cute!

Amber said...

That is cute. Maybe he will be a vet someday!

Amberlee said...

I am totally with you on the the "no pets" thing. They're great as long as they're someone else's. My kids keep asking for a dog so I tell them we can visit Grandma's puppies. I love the gummy sharks as pets ideas! Oh yea- I totally know the boy smell- all too well! ugghhh..... At least they wash up well- it just doesn't last too long.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I love how you describe things. I would say poor kid, but really I'm thinking poor you. I'm afraid I wouldn't ever visit my mom if my kids played with chickens there!!

Lisah said...

Han, that is so cute!! Gabe is just so cute and I can picture him having a conversation with the chicken! So fun!

Bon said...

P.S. I am in love with the feet picture of the chicken and Gabe1 So cute. That is a cute one to blow up and stick on a shelf in his room!! I love it!!!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Cute Hanna. He is growing up so much. I can't wait to see you guys...probably when you have your baby...which seems forever away. I love you
Love ali