Pages

14.6.08

Happy Birthday Chandler!


I can't believe my baby girl turned FIVE!!! I have been dreading her birthday. I think that when they turn five they are officially not toddlers anymore! She shared my exact thoughts, and loved that she was so grown up now! This was our exact conversation the night before her birthday. (Me) Sissy, I don't want you to turn five. I want you to be my baby girl forever! (Chandler) Mom, Face it... I'm not your baby girl anymore. (Me) Puffing out my lips and making a sad face. (Chandler) Mom, but are's new baby can be your baby girl now! She really is growing up so fast, It's SCARY!! Here are a few pictures of her birthday.

Annie is one Chandlers favorite movies, so we decided to do a
"Let's Go To The Movies" Theme, and go to Nim's Island. Here are the invitations!


The Invitations were each taped to a bag of
PoP SECRET Popcorn! ( healthy I know!)


We let her choose FIVE friends that she wanted to come, and she
hand delivered the invites herself!



After the Movie, we went home to open presents
and hand out goody bags! I wanted them to take some of the fun at the
movies home with them so the bags included; another bag of Pop Secret, a kids size
Root beer, and a box of skittles with a tag that said Thanks A Bunch!( I hope your children enjoyed the SUGAR HIGH!!) They all loved the movie and giggled the whole way home!


We also had a little family get together that evening. We had banana splits and let Chandler open even more presents! SPOILED ROTTEN, is all I have to say! She kept asking everyone for her gift as they arrived. I swear, I don't know who raised that child some times! Thank you everyone that came and that made Chandler have such a special day!

WE LOVE YOU CHANDLER AND WE FEEL SO BLESSED
TO HAVE YOU AS PART OF OUR FAMILY!!

I also wanted to wish my friend Cristy a Happy Birthday! She and Chandler share the same birthday so it makes it easy to remember! She was one of the first to befriend me when I moved into the ward and I am so grateful to have her as a friend!
I hope you had such a good day Cristy, Love ya!


This was my " quick Fix " idea for her present. I got her all of her favorite treats!! ( she is PREGO, like myself, so I knew she would appreciate it) I also put a cute, framed, Tennis picture of the reigning champions with the snacks! This was the "Quick Fix". I couldn't find a solid enough bag to hold everything, so I made one up out of my old laundry bucket! You can judge me for using Sun if you want, but I do use some rather divine dryer sheets that counteract the cheapness of Sun laundry detergent! Sorry for going off! I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, I loved the outcome! I am going to use this idea more often!



11 comments:

JANEAL said...

What a fun party for Chandler. Hanna you are such a cute and fun mom. I love Chandler's comment about the new baby....what a cute little girl you have!

Nichelle said...

Your are so funny! No one cares what kind of laundry soap you use. What a fun idea for Chandlers party. Your kids are so lucky to have you for a Mom. It is so good that she had such a great birthday. The gift idea for Christy is adorable.

Unknown said...

Hanna,
I use these type of buckets all the time.. Costco (like sams) sells so much on these type of buckets, anyway I do love them. I think it's cool we all use so much of the same type of things..Ohh and as for cheep laundry soap.. *hint* i use cheepo soap too, all i do is add 1 half cup baking soda to each load! it is my hidden secret.. Lol... love Ya Couz.....

Becca said...

Ooh, goody . . . that gift bucket is so cute. I use divine dryer sheets to counteract my cheap detergent (Purex)too.

And Chandler! Happy birthday! I really can't believe all those fives in the family: Benson, Caleb, Chandler and soon Emmitt! They are too small to be five!

I do love the popcorn/movie theme for the birthday . . . looks like it was a lot of fun.

Ours child can stand on ours chairs.

Jessica said...

That is bucket is so cute! I need to get some of those creative juices you have flowing all the time. It's awesome!

Bon said...

Happy Birthday Chandler!! We sure do miss you! You are such a beautiful girl who is growing up way to fast!! call Savanah...we have been trying to get a hold of you to wish you a happy day!! Love ya!!

Brenda said...

Paige had a blast at the party! She loves movies! Thanks for the invite! The invitations and all of that stuff you make is darling!!!I wish I could be so creative!

Devyn said...

Happy Birthday to Chandler! That is so cute that she is getting so big! She's right, it's a good thing you have another little baby girl coming! Here invitations and party favors were so so cute! im jealous of them.. i will have to remember that idea for later!!!! The present you did for your friend was very cute! i like that idea for the bucket! i love looking on your blog and getting all your great ideas! you are so creative!!

Holly said...

CUTE birthday ideas Hanna! LOVE em! 5, wow, it's hard to believe how fast they grow up!!

Anonymous said...

That gift is so cute!! Nessa LOVED the party, everything you did was so cute! They were in trouble though, they sneaked the skittles into their room (probably Hallie's idea) but they ate the whole box right before dinner!!! -I'm sure only my kids would do that! JK!

Amberlee said...

I am so amazed at how creative you are. I truly wish that it was a talent that I had so enjoy it! Happy Birthday to your little girl. It's sad that they grow up so fast. I love the table you made too. Great job!