Pages

28.5.08

Ideas for Summer Fun....

So along with setting goals and making chore charts, my husband came up with a " I made a good choice jar". We have tried this before but never really followed through. I made a jar that says, "Good Choice Jar", and every time the children make a good choice we put a bean in the jar. They can get as many beans as they are good in a day. They can also get beans taken out of the jar for making a bad choice! We let them choose what they want to work towards and as soon as the jar is full we get to do it! They chose going to the Zoo, so as soon as they fill the jar, they get their wish. I really hope that this will work and help them to understand the importance of obedience and being kind. They have each put three beans in the jar already and man are they excited!!! I'm crossing my fingers that they won't have to take many out.
Here is a link to make FREE CUSTOM CHORE CHARTS, you can pick a character you want, and custom make chores for each child!!! We have been using this site for a long time. It is so fun and so easy!




























I have also been putting a list together of fun, Summer activities ( preferably FREE) that the kids can participate in. I thought I would let everyone know that every Summer, Edwards Cinema ( in Ammon) does two FrEe MoViE DaYs FoR ThE KiDs. It starts June 3rd and is every Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the Summer, starting at 10:00 a.m. They usually have a toddler movie one day and a young adult movie the next and I believe they also have cheap snacks if you want! We have done this every Summer and the kids love it. They don't have it posted on their website, but you can go to the theater and they have a sheet of info about it! I just Love Free Goodies!

Another FuN AnD FrEe ActIvItY for the kiddo's is the Public Library's "Lap Sit Time". Iona also has a branch off of the Public Library, so If you live on this side of town it's a lot closer! They usually pick a theme and read STORIES, have a CRAFT, and sometimes a TREAT! My kids love to go, and it is so good for there little imaginations! Here is a link to there website if you are interested in the times. I know that The Public Library, and the Iona Branch are slightly different, so be sure to check.

One of my favorite activities to do is on Saturday's. We go GaRaGe SeLlInG almost every Saturday and I find all sorts of treasures for way cheap. It is so nice to only spend a quarter on a toy for the kids, and they are completely Satisfied! After garage selling we usually hit ThE FaRmErS MaRkEt for some more inexpensive finds! It is open Every Saturday, Memorial Day - Labor Day, from 9:00 a.m-1:00p.m. I love to buy there fresh flowers and peppers for so much less than you could normally buy them!

There is always PaRkS and FeEdIng The DuCkS for a fun and free activity! I know everyone already know about these, but I was wondering If any of you had a favorite park that you like to go to. Our favorites are Community, Kate Curly, and The Iona square because it is close! I love finding new parks to take my kids to and they love exploring new ones as well, so let me know. Here is A fun Idea that you can do at the park. My sister Rebecca taught me this one. Freeze a super hero or action figure of some sort in a bowl over night, Then take it to a park ( Like Community with a lot of hills) and let the kids race them down the hill until they melt! They'll have so much fun with this one I promise.... Plus It's FREE!!! I just read this one last night in the latest Parenting magazine. You can use it at the park, camping, or at home! I haven't actually done this, but it seems like a laundry saver! It's a Popsicle drip protector. All you need is Popsicle and a coffee filter and your set! Just push The Popsicle stick through the bottom of the coffee filter and it catches all of the drips, It's BRILLIANT!!!!! Why haven't I thought of this before!

Don't forget about the FREE WaTeR PaRk in Rexburg!!! I know that they had problems with it when it was first open but they are extra cautious now and it is so much fun. There is also a Cheap merry-go-round ride that the kids love! It is located on 2nd West 2nd South, Rexburg Id.

I think the most important thing is to spend time with our children and families. You can find so many things to do that spark your children's imagination and help them with confidence and self esteem. I am really going to try hard to be less up tight and enjoy all of the simple pleasures in life!!

Here are a few photograph's of my kids enjoying the simplest of things! Here is another quote that my sister gave to me, she's the best!!! It is from Sister Lant's talk from conference, "The most important traditions are connected with the way we live our lives and will last beyond us as our children’s lives are influenced and shaped." Thank you Rebecca, I love this quote!! I hope that everyone has a FANTABULOUS SUMMER!!! Let me know if you know of any other fun things to enjoy this Summer!!

20 comments:

JANEAL said...

You could also use a cupcake liner instead of a coffee filter for the popsicles. I love to take Carter to McCowin park {it's the one that the ammon pool is at}. I didn't know there was a free water park in Rexburg. Thanks for the information about the library lap sit time...sounds like something Carter would enjoy. I'm so excited for summer!!

Holly said...

What a fun post! I LOVED all your information! Now if only summer would get here right?!

Nichelle said...

Thanks for all of the great information. I knew about the free movies at Edwards but I haven't ever gone. I am planning on doing more this summer. I hate it that I have to work, but I know my kids love being at Stacey and she is so good to them. I am so thankful for her, she is a lifesaver. I will have to try some of your fun ideas.

Bon said...

Han I love the photo editing! You are so good at it! Your kids look adorable as always and I love your post! I will be posting soon on Summer school- yes ours officially begins next Monday!( I am sucha mean mom) So watch for that- I will have websites and everything I have put together in their packets!! I wish I lived their sometimes. I loved the free movies and the green belt!! Miss you!!

Devyn said...

you are so cute! im sure you and your kids will have lots of fun this summer! and i love the bean jar thing.. so creative! im sure they will make it to the zoo!

Amberlee said...

Thanks for all of the great info. I love to find fun things to do with our kids in the summer. If it ever gets warm enough to have summer that is....lol!

Lisah said...

You have such good ideas! And your kids are so cute! I can't wait to see this new baby!!!

Brenda said...

You read my mind! Today Morgan is out of school, and that little lady likes to DO stuf! Projects and crafts all the day long! So Thanks so much for all your ideas! I was just going to blog asking for summer ideas, so thanks a million! Hey, let me know if you still want the AC!! We should get some of us together to go to the Rexburg Park on a warm day!

Amber said...

Thanks for the great ideas. I am always looking for new things to do with my kids.

Anonymous said...

Those are all great- we love the Rexburg water park! Our favorite park here in town is the one in Eagle Point. There's 2 playgrounds and a walking path, plus it's all new! I have a few friends who live in there so that's where we usually go :)

Roylance Rec. Center said...

cute ideas han, and adorabl pictures of the kids
love ali

Jessica said...

thanks for all the information in your post. I stayed pretty busy in Logan taking Ella to all the free activities in the community such as story time every week and the parks like you said. Usually you can find a community calendar online or at the library with other fun activities that are inexpensive or free too. Thanks again!

Becca said...

ooh--good idea with the coffee filter. Those are what the nursery in our ward uses for "bowls" for the treats at treat time, too.

And I love all the free things around Idaho Falls . . . too bad I don't live there to enjoy that stuff. Our kids movies cost a dollar. Boohoo.

Your good choice jar is very cute.

Oh, nice comment on Ali's blog about my white legs . . .

Genessa said...

Hey Congrats on the pregnancy. I was looking back at your recent posts and came across that one. Do you know what it is? I miss the bunco days they were so fun. Just thought I would stop by and say hi.
Genessa

Janiel said...

Just wanted to let you know I came upon your blog after seeing it on Holly's site and what GREAT ideas you have! I wrote a few down to try and I am so excited to find a new, fun blog to read! If you ever want to check out my own blog, feel free at www.janielbishop.blogspot.com Thanks and keep the posts a coming.

Todd said...

Your "good choice jar" is awesome. We do something similar called "Pony Points" (our non-infants are all girls) with a chart and stuff. We should post about it probably.

Ann-Michelle said...

i tried using just the term 'good choices' and my girls listened to me!! thanks for all the suggestions for summer- we are excited to try them!!

Britney said...

I loved all your great ideas!! I made my own "Thomas the Train" chore chart and I am definitely going to test the coffee filter idea...maybe I won't have to change my kids clothes three times a day! You are going to have a great summer with all those fun things to do!

Genessa said...

Hey it is me again. I love this post your family is so creative. We actually moved to Chubbuck in August. It was sad to move but we love it here. A girl how much fun. Can't wait to see what she looks like your kids are so cute.
Genessa

Melissa said...

I loved the pictures and all the fun ideas! What is it with all you Coon girls being so creative and crafty?!! Too bad none of it rubbed off on me! How are you feeling? How far along are you now? Do you have names yet?? I want all the details! Hope you are doing great!!