Pages

24.5.08

GiRlS DaY....


Today the boys were off to go dirt biking so we had the day completely to ourselves! Considering the rain, we resorted to activities indoors. We started off the day with a yummy breakfast, Cheesy eggs and toast,(compliments to the chef, my husband). He woke up bright and early to go biking and found time to make us breakfast before he left. He doesn't even eat breakfast!!! Isn't he sweet? As soon as the boys were gone, we started our day of pampering! First, we gave each other makeovers!!! I wish I
had a picture of mine, (Let's just say I had to retouch some of the not so flattering features of the makeover)!! Then we were off to get grandma and go out for a day of whatever Chandler wanted to do! We went to the mall to do some shopping, get pretzel bites, and go to her most favorite place, Barnes & Noble! Then we went to Grandma's favorite store/boyfriend Wally! We tease her that Walmart is her boyfriend because she spends so much time there. In fact if you can't get a hold of her, you can page her at Walmart and theirs a 99.9% chance she's there! We had some greasy McDonald's and did some shopping for my brother's birthday ( Happy Early
B-Day Everett)! When we were finally done in town, we went home and watched Chandlers favorite movie, also mine as a child, "The Wizard of Oz". She knows every word and song! We then went to the basement for some crafting, and might I say we got a lot accomplished!










Here is a gift bag I put together for Chandler's preschool Teacher, Mrs. Long! Chandler picked out what to give her. She chose note cards, bookmarks, cute brads, and life savers. While I was busy making the gift, finishing a frame for Gabe's room, and a bunch of hair things for Chandler, she made cards for Grandma, Daddy and Gabe! We had such a good day. Next time it will just be me and Gabe, so be sure to watch for the post!















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. I would give anything for a day with just me and my girl. Your such a good mom! I am so mad at me for forgetting enrichment on Thursday, Stacey said you did awesome. Love the bows.

Bon said...

Fabtabulous!! I absolutely love mother daughter days! Savanah loves them also and asks almost every day when we get to go "shopping" alone again.:)

Looks like you got lots accomplished! Everything looks beautiful and great!!

Torman said...

Ok so here is the Deal! You call me My number is in the phone book under Nick Torman and tell me what day and time you want pictures and then you can just make me whatever you think! I love the hair bows the frames I love it all! You can just come look through my house and you will see I could use a creative touch! And you can just put a price on each thing until it is even. I am serious but it is really up to you. Just call me!

JANEAL said...

Sounds like a fun girls day! The hair things are so cute....you are a very crafty lady!! I wish we could see a picture of your makeover...I'll bet it was great!

The Reeder Raiders said...

WOW, you need to come to Ogden and make some of the fab items for my girls. For the mother/daughter day, I will have one for Lizzie in the next few weeks. It will be Mom (aunt deb), Andy, Liz and I. it is going to be a grats for all her hard work in school. She was invited to a program for a week in Washington D.C., but she won't be going. It cost to must. Also she took a test for a gifted and talented school. You are the first to know, she scored a 80%. Bryant and I need to talk about it, but she maybe going to that school this fall. I am EXCITED!!!!
Love You, Lori

Nichelle said...

That sounds like a great day! You are such a good Mom. You got a lot of things accomplished too. Your bows and crafts all turned out very cute!

gina said...

You Coon girls have talent!!!

Jessica said...

What a fun mom you are! I love the cute crafts and such a darling little girl!

Amber said...

How fun! I bet you both loved the whole day.

You did a great job the other night at enrichment. I loved all the bows you made. If I ever get a daughter I will be coming to you for lessons!