Pages

25.5.08

Just my Thoughts...

I have been re-listening to conference on my iPod and I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful family! I sometimes look at my children and I wonder how on earth they are mine and why I was given such a beautiful blessing. I get so scared to think that I am raising God's children and pray that I can somehow, with help, figure everything out! I truly strive to be a better mother each and every day. I try to find ways to better myself and my relationship with my husband and children. We sat down as a family and came up with ways to better our Family life. We made Family Goals, and set up chore charts for ourselves and our kids. I feel like in the Summer it's easy to get into an everyday routine and not focus on the simple things that give us so many blessings. As a family we are going to really focus on the simple gospel truths that have been reiterated through conference's, church publications, and in almost every talk that I have heard in the past year. I feel like those simple things like Scripture Study, Prayer, and Family Home Evening are so important in raising a family and building life long relationships with one another. I am so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven, for my Family, and for all of my many blessings!


I know you can't read the quote on the photo very well, but I just about cried when I read it for the first time! I have such a close relationship with my brothers and sisters. We all have such a special bond that we wouldn't have with just any one. I hope and pray that my children have the same special bond throughout their lives! Here is what the quote says on the photograph, It is by an unknown author but I fell in love with it!

"To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to BROTHERS and SISTERS. We know each other as we always were. We know each others hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."


I hope you all had a beautiful Sunday and Challenge each of you to set goals to strengthen your family and bring you closer to our father in Heaven!

16 comments:

Holly said...

I love that quote Han! You do have the sweetest little family ever... cute pic. of you guys too. All the pics are SO cute!! :)

Nichelle said...

Thanks for the challenge. I think that it is a great idea. I love the quote too, so true. I love the pics very cute.

jen said...

Thanks for your post. I am so thankful we have such good advice that we can read/ listen to!

Chantri said...

You are so beautiful, inside and out. I really appreciate you sharing that on your blog. I think everything you said is so important.
You have the most beautiful family. Your kids are just totally breath taking.

Bon said...

So cute Han! You do have to special little spirits, soon to be three, but you are such a good mother and have such a good husband!:) We love and miss you guys!

Jessica said...

So so true and such a good reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in daily life that we forget to challenge ourselves and set goals. We are so blessed!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your challenge. That quote is amazing, and I can't wait to use it! I love reading about your little family, you inspire me to live better and get out of my mundane routine and change. We are so blessed to have our children in our home, and I too feel overwelmed sometimes at the trust I have been given to raise these sweet spirits, thank you for making me stop and realize once again the treasures that I have!

canihavethisdance said...

I love the quote, thanks for sharing.
You are right...it is the gospel basics you will be blessed by living them! You are a great mom and are raising your family well!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet Hanna. It does get scary when you stop and think of the responsibility we have. I think you are an awesome mom and this made me want to try new things also :). Thanks!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the great insight 2 days before school gets out! It is always a little hard for me to get used to for a couple of weeks!!! But I am going to sist down with the hubby tonight and make a plan! Thanks also for the quote, I love it!!!

jenn said...

love it han- you are so blessed! i'm excited for you to do all of your family goals. you know, family is what it is all about. we hav been blessed with such a good one huh! thanks also for sharing that quote! i might have to steal it from you! love you-

the Petterson Family said...

I really love the quote, I think we can all relate that to our own families! I have been thinking about listening to the conference talks and you have inspired me to actually do it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of your kids, you can tell they are very good friends. Thanks for the reminder, I think I needed that today.

SueAnn said...

I love the quote! Your family is so cute!

Amberlee said...

I have been having many of the same thoughts! I was inspired by your thoughts and hopefully my little family will be able to remember what is truly important this summer! I also thought your girls day looked fun!

Becca said...

Oh, Hanna, you're such a great mommy! I love conference so much! It really is the best time of the year--I feel motivated like you when I listen to it.

One of my favorites was Sister Lant's talk about Righteous Traditions. This is one of the goodies from her talk: "The most important traditions are connected with the way we live our lives and will last beyond us as our children’s lives are influenced and shaped."

I know that your kids will have great memories of important family traditions from you, Han!