Pages

9.5.08

Every Day is Mothers Day!!

I think MOTHERS DAY is the best celebrated day ever, not only because I have the best and most beautiful mother but I also love being a mother more than anything else in this world. If you think about it, everyday is Mother's Day! I think that no one said it more eloquently than Abraham Lincoln, "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." Call me a sap, but I can't ever get through that quote without tearing up! I really do owe everything to my mother. I have been so blessed with such a giving mother. I think of all the lessons I have learned from my mother, I love that she has always been so giving of herself and has taught me to not be so prideful in life! Often when I was younger I remember feeling embarrassed to go to the DI for clothing, or to go to garage sales on the weekends. I remember her spending hours of her time making clothing for each of her eight children and Often times she would even make our friends outfits to match ours. I look back now and think of how silly and unwise I was to feel such shame and embarrassment in such a beautiful gift. She has taught me to be thrifty and to put my family before myself. She has taught me that money does not buy happiness and that material things are only of the world. I am proud to say I am a garage sale Queen, and a DI goddess! I find no shame at all in going to either of these and I am so glad that my children would prefer a nice, used toy at the DI over a brand new, expensive toy somewhere else! I have basically furnished my home in DI treasures and I love every second of it. Although my husband doesn't show my same enthusiasm for the DI or Garage sales, he appreciates that It doesn't take the best of the best to make me happy! I love you Mom and I hope to amount to even half of the mother you are! Thank you for teaching me such important lessons in life, you are my hero!!



Here are a few other quotes that I love and wanted to share!

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along.
~Margaret Culkin Banning

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln
I wish all of you Mothers the best day ever and challenge each of you to strive to be better Mothers each and everyday!

11 comments:

Bon said...

Beautifully written Han! I agree with all those wonderful things you said about mom! She really is so amazing and you are pretty amazing at being a mother too! Happy Mothers Day to you!!

jen said...

I remember your mom making us matching dresses and I thought it was the coolest thing! Happy Mother's Day!

JANEAL said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Nichelle said...

I hope that you had a Happy Mothers Day. I love Mothers Day and being a Mommy. Happy Mothers Day!

Amberlee said...

Happy Mothers Day! I too think that being a mom is the best job in the world. Even when there are days when you want to run away, those special moments more than make up for it!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom, Hanna! I love those quotes and all that you said about your mom, AND my mom LOVED her table! Thank you tons!!

Holly said...

I LOVE it when mom's don't hate Mother's Day... and so many do! I love your postive outlook on life Han. You are an amazing mom!!

SueAnn said...

Happy mothers day to you too..a day late!

Devyn said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love being a mommy too!

Brenda said...

I love that you were so appreciative of your mom!! Sometimes I get all selfish and only think of myself on Mothers day!!! Your such a good example! I am going to call my mom right now!!!!!!

Ann-Michelle said...

i love quotes about moms- we really do rock! hope all is going great- especially with your little one- still on the way, right?