Pages

9.12.07

Making Gingerbread Cookies!

Every year we make Gingerbread cookies for our Christmas tree. Last year I tried to save them and it didn't quite work. The coldness from the basement where where they were stored mixed with the warmth of the upstairs made the cookies crumble. Gabe found the old cookies in the garbage from last year and before I caught him he had practically all of them devoured. I wish I had taken a picture of the look of disgust on my face when I realized what he had done. We had so much fun making the new batch of cookies. The kids had the most fun hanging them on the tree. I still have to remind Gabe not to eat the cookies off the tree. Every now and then I find a cookie with a missing head or leg, laugh to myself and move it to the back of the tree.

12 comments:

Bon said...

Looks like fun, and makes me hungry too! I know you think your ward is the best, but wait til' you come visit and meet my ward! HAHA! I am glad that you have such a great ward though- it truly makes a lot of difference! Love ya

P.S. Your tree looks pretty!

Holly said...

Your kids are just too cute. Did you make those aprons they have on? I will have to get your gingerbread recipe... I've never made them before.

jenn said...

CONGRATS!!! man where have i been! i am so excited that you are going to have another baby! you are such a good mom! i have been loving reading all about the traditions that you have and the things that you are up to! love you girl!

Holly said...

Would Friday work for dinner with the girls??

Lisah said...

Hanna... I love your tree. You and Bonnie are so creative!!!! I was thinking about those gingerbread ornaments you put glue in so they don't crumble and break. First of all I am glad you weren't letting Gabe eat ones with glue in them and second... maybe you could make that kind for your tree and just make plain gingerbread for you and Gabe to eat!

Katie Lee said...

I just think it's hilarious that you have to move the gingerbread that have gotten bite marks from Gabriel to the back of the Tree. Such OCD you have!

Sharla Anne said...

Hanna i love your tree it is so pretty and fake i cannot believe you have converted your kids are so cute and i love that i get to enjoy watching them grow. congradulations again on baby number three

C.B. said...

Hanna! I love your page! I found you through Holly's page. It looks like your having a great christmas. You gingerbread people sure turned out cute!

Becca said...

Hanna, that is such a great tradition. Ooh, I miss you guys so much I could cry. Please come to visit me!

PS- Nice fake tree, boogs.

C.B. said...

Congrats on your pregnancy too! Ya, I was pretty sick for the first three months, i couldn't keep anything down and I lost 10 pounds. Luckily I got some medicine for nausea and things are much better. I'm sorry you have been so sick, I feel your pain girl!

C.B. said...

ps YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE IS DARLING!

Bon said...

Han- I found a site that has tons of free blog layouts! It is pyzam.com

Fun fun!!
Bon