Pages

2.7.08

FiSh KiSsEs...



My dad called and asked if we wanted to take the kids fishing. They haven't been this year so we gladly excepted the invitation. Gabe and Chandler were so excited and anxious to get to the lake. For those of you that know me, know that I am a bit paranoid when it comes to my kids. I have been to Black Tale many times, but never with my children. I always hear stories about rattle snakes, so I constantly had them in in the back of my mind. I kept telling Chris that we needed to walk right by the kids just in case we encountered one of natures most nasty creatures! As soon as we got there we unloaded and hiked over to one of my dads spots. On the way to the spot I heard Chandler Scream "SNAKE"!!!! I immediately dropped everything and ran to her side. I saw a baby water snake slithering away. I swear it just about put me into labor! I was very cautious after that and so was she. She didn't leave our side after that. It's a good thing Chris (my husband) didn't see the snake because that is his worst fear and I would've had two babies at my side. We were able to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery after that. Chandler was able to catch one fish, and had a bit of a melt down when it was wriggling toward her, so she decided that was enough fishing for her. Gabe was in heaven. He stayed by grandpa's side the entire time and grandpa taught him all of the secrets to fishing. They obviously worked because in all they caught eight fish. One Trout, six Perch, and one disgusting Sucker Fish. Gabe kept lifting up the cooler and throwing in marshmellow's to keep the fish alive. It was so cute that I didn't let him know you couldn't bring them back from the dead. I started feeling a little bad because all of the people around us had no luck, and there we were catching something practically every time we cast out. Gabe was having so much fun that he didn't want to go home. He was so cute following everything grandpa did. My dad is the best! He had so much patience with Chandlers screaming and Gabe's many questions. He is such a good fisherman, dad and grandpa. My kids are absolutely in love with him and look up to him in every way. Thanks again Grandpa, we love you, and the fish fillets were divinity! We can't wait to go again!


2 comments:

Bon said...

Those pictures are gorgeous Han. I especially love the one of Chris and Chandler looking over the lake!

I seriously can't wait to come home and see everyone1 It has been consuming my thoughts! I love you!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Benson kept saying ha ha ha they caught WAY more than grandpa. It made me laugh