Pages

5.7.08

Happy Independence Day...

We all look forward to the Fourth of July every year at my house. I am a huge believer in tradition and like to celebrate the same way every year. Our neighborhood has an annual Fire work show the night before the fourth. I am not kidding when I say it is just as good as the one at the river, and way more entertaining. It usually ends up with some fire works going off into the crowd and definitely keeps you on your toes. The morning of the fourth we usually wake up bright and early and go to the famous Lions Club breakfast at Iona square. I am sad to say this is the first year we broke this tradition since the parade was celebrated earlier, we missed out on the yummy breakfast. Then we go to the parade. We sit in the same, SUNNY, spot every year on fourth street, right in front of the chain link fence. Then we go to Family barbeque's. This year it was at Grandma and Grandpa Terrill's house, and the food was so yummy! The kids had so much fun eating and getting wet with the sprinkler under the tramp! We then go home for a much needed nap before we are off to the Firework show at the River. I am so grateful for the freedoms that we have! Although there is one set day to celebrate those freedoms, let us not forget to be thankful everyday for them. It is hard for me to put into words how grateful I truly am, but my sister Bonnie put it so perfectly on her blog and you would be missing out if you didn't read it! ( she also has new pictures on her Photography website, so check them out!!) I hope that you all had a beautiful Independence Day!!

Chandler's favorite part about the fourth was the Princess float at the parade! It was really cool it had princesses and the villians. She Loved Ursala most of all. There is a picture below! Every time the Cheerleaders would come by, Chandler would ask, " do I have to be loud if I want to be a cheerleader?" I laughed really hard and told her, " Pretty much"!

Gabe's favorite part was the Thriller float. I must admit it was one of my favorites as well. All of the monsters were doing the Micheal Jackson dance "Thriller". Gabe thought that the monsters were pretty fascinating. There is also a picture of this below.

My favorite thing on the fourth would have to be all of the floats that obviously took a lot of time and effort to make. They were all centered around our great country, and they were so beautiful.

Chris's favorite part about the Fourth, was nap time! He does not enjoy being in the heat at all, and was so excited for the parade to finally be over!


<

6 comments:

Jason and Bri Walker said...

Cute pics! It was great seeing you again! You actually have a picture of Claire! It's the one with the weird monster guy- Jason's mom is holding her right in front of him! I love the blessing dress, too. How nice to have someone who can do that for you!

JANEAL said...

Cute pictures! I love the 4th of July! Looks like you guys had a fun day. It was so stinkin' hot at the parade!

Bon said...

I wish I was with you guys over the fourth! Instead I was all alone!:) You look so beautiful and tiny! I still can't believe you are having a baby soon! Looks like a blast!

the Petterson Family said...

a "hometown" fourth is always the best!

Devyn said...

it looks like you had a really fun 4th!

C.B. said...

I am glad I got to see you for a half a second. You look so cute pregnant. Sorry we didn't make it to the fireworks we didn't get back til late. I feel bad you didn't get to hold Tegan. We'll have to do a rain check on that.