Pages

2.4.08

GeTtInG ReAdY FoR CoNfEreNcE...

I always get so excited for Conference. I love hearing from our Prophet and gaining strength from the messages that are taught. I always want to try harder and do so much better in my life after Conference weekend! I wish I always had that feeling with me but as soon as my day to day, hectic life kicks in I sometimes loose the spirit that I feel during this special time. I can't wait to listen to our new prophet Thomas S. Monson and feel of his sweet spirit.

Last Sunday we talked to the kids about Conference. We told them that it was such a special time because we get to listen to our Prophet! We told them that this Conference was extra special because we were going to sustain our new Prophet. We asked them if they could try extra hard to do what is right so that we can feel the spirit in our home and be prepared for the special spirit we feel during Conference. I really think having this talk helped them. Gabriel had his best week ever in church(his teacher even told me that he was the best in class that day, which is HUGE!). I have noticed a big change in the way they have been treating each other. I still have to remind them to be kind from time to time but I truly believe it has helped! I have found some really cool packets and activities for the kids to do during Conference. Just click on the link highlighted and scroll down to General Conference Folder, Then click on print out this document. There are some really fun things for children of all ages. On that same link you can also click on 2008 general conference packet and there is more. I also received an e-mail from a friend with the biggest and best packet that has been updated and is jam-packed with fun for the kids. She didn't know the link and I tried to google it but had no luck, so if you would like it leave your e-mail and I will pass it on! I hope you all have a great weekend and are as excited as I am!

17 comments:

Jessica said...

such cute kids! Will you send me your email address so I can get the details for this recipe stuff?

Unknown said...

I love finding new things for conference! my email is kellenandcalise@gmail.com!! Your kids re adorable!

Tanya said...

I love getting new activities for Chloe, she seems to get bored with the others really fast so i would love to get that email :) tanya_calkins02@yahoo **thanks**

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Oh I love these pictures. They are SO cute and your kids really are so beautiful. I love you see you soon
Love Ali

Natalie♥ said...

Hanna you are such a good mommy! And your kids are adorable.

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh your kids are so cute! It is great to hear what a great job you are doing as you raise your kids, you are such a cute mommy. Keep up the great work. I am super excited for conference this weekend as well.

JANEAL said...

I love the sugar doodle too! They always have great ideas for primary. Your kids look so cute!

Brenda said...

I REALLY need some things for my kids for conference, or I will hear NOTHING!!! Thanks for the ideas! My email is ablowry97@msn.com! Thanks a million!!! Oh, and Thanks, I spent ALL day cleaning my kitchen, after I read your inspiring blog from yesterday! Drawers and all!!

Anonymous said...

Hanna! Your blog is so stinkin' cute! I love all the organizing and craft ideas!! I'm definantly checking out the conference packet!

Nichelle said...

Hanna will you please e-mail me the conference packet. I really would love to get to hear conference and if my kids are entertained I might get to. I am so excited! Thanks! nichellekillian@yahoo.com

C.B. said...

I can't wait for conference either! When we were little mom did word bingo with us...everytime a certain word was said that was on our bingo card we put a button down ...once we got a row full of buttons..BINGO..we got a treat!

the Petterson Family said...

I know I don't have kids yet, but I always like to collect things to use for the future! Will you email me? craftylulu@hotmail.com Thanks, I was bragging about you to one of my friends last night...because you always have such great ideas for your (and others) kids!

Bon said...

I am seriously so excited for conference also! It will be soooo nice to finally all get to be together again!

You are such a great mommy!

Brandi said...

I don't think what you realized what you were getting yourself into telling people you would e-mail them the conference packet. my e-mail is sim98014@yahoo.com is you have a chance to send it to me I would love it. Your blog is so cute. You need to help me with mine!!

Rivka said...

The kids are so cute, Hannah. I love general conference, too. E-mail me that packet when you get it.
rivkaoneal@gmail.com

Holly said...

Didn't you love these packets?! So fun!! Oh, and I had to tell you, I saw your cute table you decorated for enrichment last week... it was so dang cute Han! You are so amazing and multi-talented in every way! :)

Kris said...

cute photos! You're on the bread list. LOL, hope you had fun with all your sista's this past weekend. I'll keep checking back to see your blog about it!