Pages

1.4.08

FiNaLly...GeTtInG ThInGs AcCoMpLiShEd!

I don't know if it's the pregnancy or if it's the fact that Spring is just around the corner but I have been on a dejunking, anti clutter FRENZY! I have been so easily disgusted at the littlest things. My husband laughs at me when I say how gross I feel in our home. He says that I am the biggest paranoid, clean freak he knows! I'll try to take that as a compliment but I'm pretty sure it wasn't one. I haven't posted for awhile because of this Frenzy, but I have accomplished much! Yesterday I cleaned out every drawer in my kitchen and it felt so good to get rid of the unwanted clutter! Here are a few unfinished, much needed projects that I have been able to tackle.

I was really excited to get this one done! It is a Recipe Box... All of the recipes are in a index card format (Thanks to my sister Rebecca and her Convenient, 3x5 formatted recipes!). It makes them easy to access and takes up less room in the kitchen. My other sister Ali made the cute, small magnetic stand, so I can just transfer each recipe over when I need. I was also excited to to get this project done because a whole bunch of my blogging friends are putting together a recipe group! We are going to have a girls night once a month, cook each other a new or favorite recipe and swap them. I am ecstatic to add more YUMMY recipes to my box! If you are at all interested in joining us let me know and I'll fill you in on the when and where!



I put cute scrap booking card stock on the back of each recipe and I plan to laminate each one for a longer lasting recipe!




Now, I know that my pregnancy is to blame for my next accomplished mission. I have the worst memory when I am pregnant and forget dates, birthdays and every thing else that might be important for me to attend. For those of you that know me, know that I have a hard time with clutter. I can't stand things hanging up on my fridge and I especially hate tacky Calendars! Every time I hang one up, I cringe when I walk past it and it ends up in the garbage! I finally made one that works for me. It takes up half the space and I get to decorate it to MY taste! I started it in February and decorate the next month as soon as one is over. I fill in all of my own dates and appointments making them easier to remember. So far it has proven to be a Success and I haven't dry heaved while walking past it, so I guess it's a keeper!





My next one wasn't really a project for me, but I found this cute website ( I would post the link but I can't remember it! Go Figure!!!!) It had so many fun, spring craft ideas. I felt they were perfect for the ladies I visit teach. I hope they thought they were as cute as I did! I'll post the link as soon as I can find it again!


That's all of the pictures I took, but I'm sure that there will be plenty more to come with the mood I have been in lately! I hope I inspire you all to dejunk and get rid of the extra, unwanted clutter in your lives. I promise it will make you feel better and make your home a more enjoyable place to be!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love getting stuff cleaned! I just wish I had the time! I loved all your cute ideas! I might just have to copy them!!

Tanya said...

I love the recipe box! and I really need to get in that mood to clean up my house, is was so clean up until I got pregnant, now it's like a tornado ripped through my house...hopefully soon I'll get my energy back to get everything done...and I totally hear ya about forgetting everything-I'm the same way.

Bon said...

So cute Han! Such talent- I can't wait to see you and feel inspired from your always glamorous home!! Projects ...here I come...let's make a ton!!:)

JANEAL said...

Sounds like my kind of girl...I never seem to have a problem just throwing things away. My husband is always afraid I'm going to throw some of his stuff away when he's not home. I have never been a pack rat and never will!

Devyn said...

wow.. very very cute! I wanna do stuff so bad! i think i might make a calendar too!

Brenda said...

Well, now you are going to make me even worse! The last two weeks the garbage can has been overflowing! Even bags to the side of the garbage can. I have been going through closets like crazy, but now- after reading your blog- I am thinking I need to start drawers as well. I just cannot keep up with all of it! Your craft ideas are really cute, my recipes is an area I don't know if I will ever be able to tackle!!! I have too many! Your's is darling! I love it!!!

Kris said...

Way cute Hanna... I'll be watching for the link. So cute, and I'll bet your ladies love them and probably brag that you visit teach them. You've started the 'nesting' stage a little early, eh?

Nichelle said...

I need to get into the spring cleaning mode! I don't keep alot of stuff though. It is a joke at my house, Rex will say to the kids you better put that away or Mom will throw it away. I hate junk! I guess sometimes that is a good thing and other times its not! I haven't saved much of the kids school work and art projects because I throw everything away.

Torman said...

Hanna you are so stinking Cute!!! I love your recipe idea!! so I have all of these recipe books but I have my favorites so I only use a few out of a huge book. so Dumb!! and a huge space hog. what a good idea to just put the ones I use on a card. its brilliant!!!

Natalie♥ said...

I love your ideas! I hate junk but I also hate going through it. I really need to. I also have such a mess with my recipes, they are everywhere! And this whole recipe group....I am a little nervous because I dont cook and I cant find my recipes too cook. Maybe we should do an organizing group instead and you can come over and declutter and organize my house for me :) You are wonderful!

jenn said...

han those are great! you are so talented! (: keep us posted!

Jessica said...

I love to dejunk too. My neighbors have been asking me to have yard sale with them and I don't know that I have anything left. I just haul it to DI the minute I get done. I love the recipe box. I have my recipes on 3X5 cards for the same reason, but not nearly as cute. Is word recipe on front just one of those rub on words? I would love to join the recipe club is it in Idaho Falls?

Keri said...

You have such cute ideas! As for the cleaning thing, I know just what you mean. My poor kids had almost no toys left by the time the baby was born because they were all dirty or cracked so I tossed them....geesh. And I would have to say my memory still hasn't come back completely, I think it gets worse with each kid. Oh the joys of pregnancy.....

Roylance Rec. Center said...

you brag......

Jason and Bri Walker said...

I love the recipe idea- and especially the idea of having dinner made by someone else once a month! Congrats on the pregnancy! I didn't know you were expecting! :)