Pages

22.2.08

How To Survive Grocery Shopping 101...

So, I know I have been blogging a bunch but I really feel that getting my Grocery shopping done in less than two hours is a feat in and of it’s self! I watched this on an episode of Super Nanny (Which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, mostly because it makes me feel like I am not a complete failure as a mother, and I secretly get ELATED when a child, not my own, throws a temper tantrum!) In this particular episode, Super Nanny was showing the parents how to actually enjoy grocery shopping. (I know it seems impossible, RIGHT? Well it's not.) I tried this before but I think that there age played a factor in that it didn't work!! You let your children color pictures of the items needed on the grocery list. I decided to give it one more try and although I couldn't tell what half of the pictures were, they new exactly what they were and helped me find it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, we were done in a little over an hour and still in good spirits!!! I was so glad that I brought my camera to put my pictures on a CD. I now have proof of there rare sweetness. I wish I would have taken a picture of Chris's face. He was annoyed at the fact that I was taking pictures left and right!!

10 comments:

Katie Lee said...

super cute! That is awesome. I love super nanny as well... not that I have any kids to compare to the ones on the show, but it's still fun to watch. Love you!

Unknown said...

I love that idea! I am trying that for the next grocery outing! Go Supernanny!

Bon said...

Oh Hanna! I loved that super nanny! I have done that before and it really does work! Your kids are always sweet Han! They are both so adorable I can't wait to squeeze them both!!:) Miss you!

P.S. Wait until I call to tell you about my DI goodies- oh goody!

Holly said...

I love it. I am always overwhelmed at taking 2 kids to the grocery store! When Brooklyn gets old enough, I hope this works as well for me as it looks like it did for you and you two kiddos! Love it!

C.B. said...

Cute, I will have to remember that when my little one gets older. Heidi is already on here...she is on my blogger list..you will have to check out her page.

The Anderson's said...

Great idea! I have never watched an episode of super nanny but maybe I'll start. Your kids are darling. I can't believe how big they are. Congrats by the way on your pregnancy! I'm starting to think Shane & I need to jump on the bandwagon!

Melissa said...

I love super nanny too, that always makes me feel better about my family and grateful I haven't needed her help yet! Your pictures are very cute, you have such cute kids! I am glad your idea for shopping worked, I am sure it was a relief!!

the Petterson Family said...

What a great idea, i am going to remember this for sure! You seem like such a great mother! I'm sure your kids have so much fun! Also, great easter ideas!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Hanna...I guessed I missed this post, even though I really haven't checked anyone for a couple weeks. This is So cute. I will definetly have to do it. Thanks for the great Ideas.
Love Ali

Becca said...

Allen would have hated me taking pictures in the grocery store, too. But you do inspire me--Brigham would love to do that.

I LOATHE grocery shopping with kids.