Pages

21.9.09

Camping at Heise...

We have been trying to camp as much a s possible before the weather no longer permits us to, so a few weekends ago, we went up to Heise with Chris's Parents. We all got up there Friday night. We set up camp, (or campers) Ate dinner, and made smores! It was such a relaxing night, that is, until it was time to go to sleep. Finley had been teething, so she was screaming all night long. I was so happy to when the sun came up. Finally, it was morning!

Dad & Sandy


Me & my Hot husband



I love this picture of Gabe & Finley, too cute!




After breakfast we all went to the Cress Creek trail head, for a little hike! If you haven't been, it is the perfect hike for kids. It is paved and even wheelchair accessible if you have grandparents that would like to go. The weather was perfect, and the leaves changing colors were beautiful.




We decided to follow a little trail that went on after the paved path, and headed up to some huge rocks that we saw! I am so glad that we did, the view was breathtakingly beautiful. I couldn't take enough pictures!


Dad & Sandy on top of the world!



My kids are such little hams, they kept telling us to take their picture on just about every rock. It was funny, and slightly annoying!
After the hike, we all decided to go soak in the hot pools! It felt so nice to relax, and get clean again.


Finley,loved the hot pools.She was smiling,and laughed the whole time. She has really taken a liking to grandpa, so Chris & actually got to enjoy soaking. Thanks Papa Terrill!



This devil child got the whistle blown about every two seconds, for running, or hanging on the rope. How could you get mad at that face?


Chandler is our little water baby, and was in heaven!
After swimming, we went back to camp, ate lunch, and said goodbye to Chris's parents. They had to get back for early meetings the next day.
That afternoon Chris decided to make the kids bow and arrows, which turned into playing Indians, which turned into playing Indians & princesses. The boys painted their faces with the charcoal from the fire, and the girls made crowns out of grass, leaves, weeds, and flowers. I think this was one of the highlights from the trip for the kids. They were having so much fun, and loved that Chris and I played along. (I'll admit that the inner child in me came out!)

Chandler came up with all of the princesses names. She was Princess Wheat Grass!



This dirty little girl was Princess Flower!


I got the creative name of Princess Red Leaf!


Daddy & Gabe were a little less creative, and were just called Indian warriors!
They would capture us and put us in a fenced in Dungeon, until one of us would free the others. My favorite part about playing this,is when Gabe said, "I will trade you your freedom for the chubby baby!". I laughed so hard. He is such a comedian.



He means business!



After our fun little make believe games we were all famished. If you haven't eaten at Heise Pizza, you are missing out. It has been in the family for three generations, and is simply DIVINE! We ordered the Hawaiian 5-0, and it was sooooo good! After Pizza we went back to the hot pools and swam again. The water felt even better now that it was chilly out. After the Hot Pools, we went back for more smores, and some much needed sleep. Luckily,
Finley slept like a log!
The next morning we woke up, ate breakfast and headed down for some fishing!

Which,ultimately turned into swimming. Forgive the naked babies, we didn't pack our bathing suits to go fishing. They didn't seem to mind.




It was such a fun and relaxing weekend. We don't get away near enough!
* thanks Dad & Mom Terrill for coming, and for helping with the kids, we had so much fun with you guys.

Happy Camping!

9 comments:

Becca said...

hanna! i love the new font on your headers! all of these updates are so cute. i wish stupid blogger could somehow keep the rss feed on private blogs so that i'd know when you updated.

you look too cute to be camping.

Bon said...

I agree w/ Bec...about updating. Blogger should figure that out! My friend started another blog and all she writes is my blog is updated...w/ the private blog link. So I added that one and blogger automatically tells you when she is updated. Does that make sense?

Anywho.........what a perfect family vacation. I agree the view is spectacular! That trip looked like so much fun!

Brenda said...

Your on blogging fire!! Looks like a great weekend. You are such a great mom to play with your kids like that!! All I do anymore is sit around and yell at them to clean up the messes they have made:( You make me want a hot tub like nobody's buisness!! See ya soon!!

Sheila Fish said...

haha I love it! It looks like you guys had so much fun!.. I must admit I especially love the leafy tiara.. totally suits you, Hanna!

Terry Family said...

You had me laughing and smiling at work, which is mostly a hard thing to do. I love the pictures you took so many good ones. When you get a chance will you share them on Flickr? Gabe's comment had me rolling, cause I can see him saying it with his cute little attitude. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. By the way I have a whole garbage sack of clothes that Mekenna has out grown for Chandler Jo. Next time we are in I.F. I will drop them by. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. your kids are so dang cute! love the princess names

MarjAnn said...

When did fin get so big? I love her hair!

Amber said...

How fun. I love that hike. We have gone a couple of times this summer.

becky ward said...

that sounds like a perfect get-away! and you are so fun to get down and dirty with your little ones. inspiring! (: