Pages

22.9.09

ABC FHE....





















We have had a little dilemma in our household. Our oldest, Chandler, has no desire to like school. She has been having the hardest time with it, and has been struggling with her reading. She is such a smart little girl, but can't find the focus she needs to improve and do well. We have been trying everything to teach her that learning and reading are fun, but she hasn't been convinced.


For FHE, we decided to use an idea from "Family Fun". (To read my thoughts on this wonderful mag, Go HERE!) We hopped on our bikes, & took them on an alphabet scavenger hunt around the neighborhood. We encouraged them to find as many letters of the alphabet as they could, out of objects in nature. It turned out to be so much fun. The kids were totally into it, and both found so many letters. It is definitely a game that we will continue to play.


Here are some of our favorite Letter Finds! Can you tell what they are?



(X, A, t, M)





(O, A, N, r)







If any one has any other ideas, advice, or helpful hints, please let me know!

12 comments:

MarjAnn said...

Great Activity Hanna! You're such a great mom!

Bon said...

Awesome! We go on nature walks and I have a alphabet paper with each letter. Then they find objects that begin with that letter....my favorite ever is M....Kennedy said Caleb..I said no Caleb is with a C. She said...Mean Caleb! HA!! HA!

Can't wait to see you soon!

Mandy said...

Oh I saw this idea and thought it would be so much fun. You guys did an awsome job at it! Cute, cute photos.

Anonymous said...

What a fun game. love it can't wait to see what the boys can find in our neighborhood. Thanks

Holly said...

Seriously LOVE this idea Hanna! Great idea!! PS have you seen this same type of artwork in at Robert's craft?! They are selling it for like $75 for a matted and framed letters like you just posted in black and white! ;)

becky ward said...

that is so FUN! what a fantastic idea. thanks for sharing.

Becca said...

Ooh, Hanna--good one! Such a smart lil FHE wench!

Gabe is like Brig because neither of them LOOK AT THE CAMERA when you take their pictures.

Anonymous said...

Fun idea! I love the Heise adventure also. Only your family could have that much fun with sticks and leaves ! :) So cute...

Bunnell's said...

What a good momma! You are so creative! How fun:)

Katie Lee said...

that is a sweet idea. I do love being the youngest sister because I get to COPY all my older sisters ideas... hopefully my kids will love school, I hope and pray!

Amberlee said...

Fun idea! We'll definitely have to try that one! It's been FOREVER since I looked at your blog. Looks like you've been up to tons of fun stuff :)

Brenda said...

Wow, that sure makes my lovely FHE ideas sound lame!!! Thanks for another great idea, maybe when I can actually ride a bike again, I will have to try that one out. My kids would love it:)