Pages

10.11.08

Tag..Recipes..and other Random Ramblings...


I was HUSBAND tagged! I must say, I was a little disappointed when all of the questions were for both of us. I was looking forward to brag about and embarrass my hubby. I am calling this the SPOUSE tag instead!
1. What is his name? Christopher John Terrill, (AKA Babe).
2. Who eats more? I DO!!!! What can I say, I Love FOOD! On our first date, I asked for his leftovers!


3. Who said I love you first? I'm pretty sure I did, but he insists he did. Let's just say ME! Sad that we can't remember.

4. Who is taller? He is much taller
5. Who is smarter? He would say me, but he totally is! He thinks just because I enjoy reading, that automatically makes me smarter, but he is sadly mistaken!


6. Who is more sensitive? Man this is a hard one. I definitely cry more but he is super sensitive when it comes to the kids.

7.Who does the laundry? This is 100% HIM!!!! He hates when I do laundry, because I wash one load like ten times before I actually remember to switch it over, teehee. I love you babe!

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? It switches all the time. I am so fidgety, so which ever side I want to sleep on that night is how it ends up.

9. Who pays the bills? We both do. We each hate doing it equally, so we take turns!

10. Who cooks more? He cooks breakfast for all of us every morning, but I do lunch and dinner!

11. What meals do you cook together? Apple Pie Baby, and if any recipe calls for chopping with a huge knife, he takes over. I tend to cut myself every time.

12. Who is more stubborn? Hands down, ME!!!!! What can I say, I love to be spoiled and I'm always right!

13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? I am, because Chris is annoyingly NEVER wrong!

14. Who has more siblings? I have 7 and he has 2+ 4 from dads side+ 2 from moms side, so he wins!.

15.Who wears the pants in the relationship? Most people think me because I am definitely more vocal, but I think we are really pretty equal on this one.

16. What do you like to do together? I am definitely not writing what he told me to, but we like to Snowboard, play basketball,(he might be the better player but I kick butt at lightening!) travel, try new things, camp, Eat Out, Shop ( If we have NO children with us!) Watch the Spurs, play tennis, go on walks, and watch movies.

17. Who eats more sweets? Chris is more of a salty fan, and I believe in dessert with every meal!


18. Guilty pleasures? He has either Chips or overly buttered popcorn at midnight every night, NEVER FAILS.... Oh and his 44 ounce Pepsi every day!


19. How did you meet? I met him at a football game, we went on one date, I dated his best friend for three years, we reunited, and I have been living in absolute BLISS ever since!

20. Who asked who out first? I asked him out, oh about the first ten times before he finally returned the favor!!!!!

21. Who kissed who first? Yet again, ME!!! What can I say, I don't give up until I get what I want! ( Oh did I mention how incredibly shy my husband is? It makes me sound a little less creepy!)

22. Who proposed? He did! Finally, he made the move!!!

23. His best features? I love his tan skin, hazel eyes, his yummy nose, and have you seen that BOD?

I am tagging, Sheila, Mandi, and Kim. I am going to be checking girls, so get to it!

I use our recipe blog at least once a week for yummy meals! I just made this Yummy Oreo cookie cake on Saturday for some of our friends in the ward. They just had the most adorable little boy,(Skyler) so we took them dinner. If you want a recipe that gives the "WOW FACTOR" and is still so easy, this is the one!




Aren't those two of the yummiest things you have ever seen?

We also watched there kids over the weekend, and we had such a blast. They are seriously the best behaved children EVER. We ordered pizza and made this gigantic fort out of over sized boxes. They each had there own room and cut windows and sunroofs so that they could watch the movie. My mom used to do this for us when we were little, and it literally occupies kids for hours. I have been crawling around in the fort with Gabe and it is just as much fun now as it was when i was younger. The downside of being an adult, is that it doesn't seem as spacious as it once did. I don't think I even saw the boys once all night! The next morning we made yummy pancakes with there initials. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did! We hope that you can come next time Kennidy.





WARNING: I know this is a really long post, but it is about to get even longer and more random so feel free to stop reading at any chosen time!
The GIRLS got there ears "PIERED", (Pierced)!!!! We tried to get Chandler to pierce her ears earlier this year with her cousin Savanah, but no such luck. She chickened out when we got there. Yesterday, she was looking at the cute earrings at Walmart and she asked if she could give it another shot? I thought for sure that she would back out again, but she toughed it out. She tried to be brave and not cry, but when I saw her batting her eyes a thousand miles per hour, I knew it hurt. I told her it was alright if she cried, and that opened the flood gates!!! When she finally calmed down we let her call grandma to tell her, and the FLOODS came right back!! We decided to do Finley's also. I was a little nervous, but they ensured me that it was smarter to do it while they are little so they don't yank on them. They were 100% right! Finley only cried for a second and was smiling and cooing right after. Chris wanted to get Chandlers done when she was a baby, but I refused. I wish now that we would have, Finley handled it way better and is right back to her adorable little self.





 
Thank you to those of you who stuck it out until the end. I promise to try and stay updated so that I won't have these long and random posts! Have a Fantabulous Day!!!

24 comments:

Becca said...

Whoa. Holy marathon blog post, batman. You know, you CAN break it into several smaller posts, if you want to . . .

1- Loved the husband tag, though I already knew most of it, except that you kissed him first. you shameless hussy. (And I totally switch sides of the bed, too. When Allen asks me which side I am going to sleep on, I always reply, "MY side." I make myself laugh every time)
2- The fortune cookies were impressive, but HELLO, that Oreo cake looks fabulous.
3- Great idea with the box forts to occupy the kiddos. I only wish I had access to all of those Kirby boxes . . .
4- I wish I coul have been there to see Chandler cry about "piered" ears. Teehee. Does she have to look in the mirror all day now?
5- I agree that the Indian children coloring page is the cutest (I'm thinking I might use those pictures on a recipe card)
6- Totally copying the pilgrim hat treats for FHE.

I love your blog, Han! Um, why haven't you invited me to the Teen Witch party? Oooooways leaving me out.

Nichelle said...

I loved the fortune cookie. What a creative idea. I also love the the little pilgrim hats. I bet the kids loved the fort. What a fun idea. Last but not least, I love the girls earings, I had Tabrie's done when she was 2 or so and I had the same experience as you did, so I got Briley's done when she was a baby. She actually acted mad at me for awhile but she got over it pretty quickly. Your kids are so darn cute!

SueAnn said...

That was a fun tag. I printed my kids several of the coloring pages--thanks for the idea! Your fortune cookies turned out yummy, and so did your cake!

C.B. said...

That is cool that you can pierce a baby's ears I had no idea. Both of your girls look so cute with them.

~Our Rockabilly Army Lives~ said...

I always read you Coon's Blogs! I love it! Besides I so steal recipes too! lol haha

canihavethisdance said...

That was a fun post. You have a lot of great ideas and it was fun reading about you and your husband. We are doing a family cookbook and your quote will be perfect for it!
Thanks for sharing.

MarjAnn said...

I love to read your posts, long or short. They sound just like you and always make me smile. I'm glad to see a picture of Cristy's baby. I MISS YOU ALL!

Unknown said...

That was fun! We made the fortune cookies for mutual when I was a leader, I still have a scar where I touched them while still hot :). What fun coloring pages also!

Natalie♥ said...

You always have the cutest ideas on your blog! I love the girls earings they look so cute! And Christy's baby is so cute, I hope she is feeling good and everything went okay. Thanks for posting a picture of him I wondered if she had him yet. And thanks for the coloring pages they are so cute and my girls love them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hanna!! What a wonderful post. You are such a great mom I love the fort it sounds like you had as much fun and the kids.

Getting your ears pierced is such a big deal. Tell Chandler congratulations she is adorable and Finley’s is getting so big. Where does the time go
My dad took me to get my ears pierced on my eighth birthday a daddy daughter date I will never forget.

Amberlee said...

What can I say- your husband seems awesome, recipe group was a blas (as usual), the fort is so cool- my kids would be jealous, your girls look adorable with their ears pierced... did I get it all? Seriously, you amaze me!

Kate Call said...

cute husband you've got han!! i will always remember seeing you two at church at him ALWAYS looking at you and rubbing your back or something.. i remember thinking .."i hope i have a husband that loves me that much someday". so glad he makes you so happy!
YUMMY treats!!
and you do the funnest things with your kids.. such a fun mom! i love the pancake initials for breakfast! i want to be a kid again and come play at your house!

Brenda said...

Wow lady, that copunts for like 5 posts! It was a fun read though, you are such a funny lady! The girls look super cute! I loved it after my girls got it done!! Thanks for all the creative advice and Ideas, someday I will try my hand at crafts again!

Bon said...

Oh sweet divinity I died and went to heaven. Except for it feels like hell because I can't reach through the screen of the computer and hock off a huge hunk of that sweet luscious treat! Man, I will crave it all day now!!

The girls look so cute and Sav can't wait to share earrings. (Gross) But it is cute to hear her say it!

You are such a great friend Han. Any person is lucky to call you a friend! But watch out all- I AM HER BEST FRIEND! HA!

Genessa said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. I love all the pics they are so much fun.
Your girls ears look great. That is so much fun.

Holly said...

Hanna, you crack me up... you act like your blog isn't worthy of reading... when we all LOVE your long blog posts! You have so many great ideas. The fortune cookies were amazing! Thanks for sharing all of it! :)

Katie Lee said...

yeah, super long blog but I loved all of it. Your girls look adorable, your husband is awesome, and you are so talented in all of your cooking glory. I really need to start cooking yummy meals now that I am a STAY AT HOME MOM!!! Hooray!

Devyn said...

i love it. but yeah that was long :) first of all you have a smokin' husband. second you are an amazing woman.. third you are an amazing mommy. i love it! you are aaaawesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly girl do you ever run out of energy. You've always got the yummiest treats going on in your kitchen. I seriously pour 4 bowls of cereal in the morning and feel parched the rest of the day. ooh and I wish Malarie would want her ears pearced, she says no way. Any advice?

VicandNanc said...

Yikes! That was a long post! I will have to come back to it for the cute ideas! I did read the hubby post though :) Seems like I should have met him, but I don't recall it.... and yes, I've been checking your blog for awhile now!! hehe :)

happystuff7 said...

Hanna I think I will try the oreo cake it looks so good you have beautiful kids and great ideas!! I hope we can see you and your family soon!!

Kris said...

YUM! I want cake! Fun post, I loved reading about Chris. You guys are so cute together.

And tell the girls their ears are soooo cute!

Janiel said...

Love, loved the long post. I loved the tag and getting to know more about you guys and I am so excited about all the yummy recipes. By the way, the girls look SOOO cute!