Pages

16.11.08

Here we go AGAIN.....

I swear we have reached our limit of hospital visits in the Terrill household. Can I just say that 5 1/2 hours of waiting in the E.R., for your child,s bleeding head to be checked out IS NOT OKAY!!!
I truly love being a mother. In fact, there is nothing more rewarding in this world. On some rare occasions however, there is an exception. When your child gets hurt and there is absolutely nothing you can do to take it away, that is the exception I am talking about. Why can't we just have Super Mommy powers that take away all there bumps and bruises, make there insecurities and fears vanish into thin air, and have an override button for when things get messy? Seriously, where is the easy button for motherhood? I guess that's why they say stay at home mothers have the hardest job ( I think only stay at home mothers actually say that, but it is so true!).
Okay, so on to the story. I will condense it since my recent posts have been quite lengthy. Last week Gabe had a little mishap, well not so little as you can see in the pictures. (Did I warn you about the graphic images that you are about to see?) Any who, one loud thud, some screaming ( on Gabe's behalf) , and yelling ( on mine), later, Chris found Gabe bleeding profusely at the bottom of the stairs.
This is what he said happened when we got him to calm down. " I was walking like dis,( he continued to show us exactly how) and then my feet stawted to wun weally weally fast for my body, like Dash, ( from Incredibles) and then I fell and cwacked my head. " Although I was still in shock, I managed to let out a little laugh. He is such a funny little guy. The fact that he was being funny while blood was dripping over his eye, was good news. What really happened was that he was running really fast around the corner, tripped, and caught the edge of our banister.OUCH!!!
I never think to take pictures during all of these scary parenting moments, but lucky for me my camera was sitting on the bench right where he tripped. He thinks that the pictures are so cool of coarse, and each day he asks to see them over and over.


I know it is gross, but this is only the second towel of blood. He soaked the first.

On our way to the hospital I tried to get him to tell us what happened again!

I am so glad that someone found this whole experience amusing!

The whole time we were at the hospital I thought that he was going to break something else. He was jumping and climbing all over everything, telling us that he was " Dash and Batman",( If you look closely you will see that he is wearing his Batman Halloween costume. He has worn it since the month before Halloween and continues to wear the month after! Not every day of coarse, but between washings. The poor child looks neglected!).


5 and 1/2 hours, and one staple later we are now in the comfort of our thought to be, child proof home.


HAPPY APPETITE!!

22 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Oh sad! I'm sorry for all the stress that you have been experiencing. However, that little video is sooooo cute! you will treasure that one!

Unknown said...

Ouch! But hey, at least he can run as fast as DASH!! :)

Bon said...

Oh my poor little buddy! Caleb said to tell him that it is cool! He thought the staple part was really neat! HA! (only kids) Give him big loves from us Banaan! Wish we lived closer!!

Amberlee said...

Can you believe how much head wounds bleed? It's amazing! Tray had 12 stitches once and boy did it bleed! Sorry about Gabe, glad he's enjoying the "cool" pictures though.

Nichelle said...

Poor Gabe! I think it is so cute that he was trying to be funny even when he was hurt! I can't believe that you had to wait 5 1/2 hours! It looks like he is already feeling better.

Mandy said...

Boogs I'm SO sorry. What a super hero though. I can't believe he was up and attem' shortly after. Tuff little guy!!!

Big Kiss and Hug

Genessa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your little guy that is just awful. I guess boys will be boys right? Glad to see that he is doing ok.

Amber said...

I'm glad he is alright. I hate the ER. They are so slow.

Holly said...

Oh no. This is def. the hard part of being a mommy! Poor little guy. Glad he was having fun while you were there though! ;)

Kate Call said...

poor guy! you need a hospital-free vay-cay for sure han! hope he is feeling better!

The Reeder Raiders said...

Glad that he is good. tip: next minor head cut, braid the hair in that area. Aunt Debbie did that to Robin and it worked no staples or stitches. Robin was famous for splitting open her head when she was younger. it is a thought. It will save you from the nasty ER bills.

C.B. said...

That was such a long wait for one staple. Poor Gabe!

Ann-Michelle said...

oh man- you would thin k that with all my girls i may not know how this feels- but i have an experience like thiw with both dallis and hadley! now, if i part their hair just so i can see the scars from hadley's coffee table incident and dallis's scar from the run-in with the swing set!

Darla and Kirk Nuttall said...

Well miss Hannah, I am finally leaving a comment. I am sorry it took me so long. I swear I will get with it one of these days.
Cracked heads are not fun, but he seemed to get over it and go on with life. I love kids, the are very resilient. Your kids have grown up a lot.
I do miss bunko and you hassling me and making me laugh. Good times! See you! Darla

JPI said...

I'm glad everything is okay. Oh the joys of being a mom :)

Becca said...

My favorite part is that he's in his Batman Costume. Maybe you should have told him that Bruce Wayne is impervious to pain???

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you WAITED 5 1/2 hours!! Cute pictures though and I love the last long post, you are so entertaining :)

Tanya said...

How sad! poor guy, I'm glad he wasn't hurt to bad. The way he explained how it happened is so dang cute though. I'm not looking forward to the day when that happens to one of mine!!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

I am making everyone watch that video at work...it makes me laugh SO hard.
I love you guys see you next week
Ali

Melissa said...

I feel so bad for him, but it did make me smile when you wrote about what he said...he is so cute!!

Brenda said...

I love the batman suit! He was wearing that darling outfit, when you stopped by on my birthday! I love it! Hope the little guy isn't in too much pain. His cute little voice is darling!

Katie Lee said...

I wonder if Gabe will be mad that he "Told the whole city." That video was adorable. I have the cutest nephews ever!