Pages

2.11.08

Our HalloWeen Fun...

We had such a busy, Halloween filled week. We have had Halloween parties, school parades, we baked Halloween treats, carved pumpkins, and went trick or treating. I feel like the kids have lived in there costumes every day for the past week.

We started celebrating the weekend before Halloween with a huge over the top Halloween party. My aunt Sharla goes out of her way with the best party ever. Every year gets better I swear. She decorates everything to the max. She had the whole place looking like a dungeon with skeletons, goblins, gools, pumpkin's, monsters and grave stones. She even had a fog machine. Each table had a spooky light and skeletons above it with individualized center pieces. The food was everything Halloween. My aunt is a fabulous cook and we are all so excited to eat her master pieces. We had graveyard veggie pizza, pretzel bones and guts, (which was homemade pretzels and dip,YUMMY...) Slimy sloppy Joe's, Spider Chocolate cake and Cupcakes and Caramel apples. I made monster toes and pumpkin cake. After we ate she had games set up for the kids. They started off by decorating orange buckets with Halloween stickers with each of there names on them. Then we played games to win prizes and candy to fill the buckets. They went fishing in the spooky pond for Halloween coloring books and crayons, went on a spooky cake walk, played Pumpkin twister , Pumpkin toss, made a monster out of a slimy concoction and had a donut eating contest. I think they were on a sugar high for the next week. They filled there buckets and had a blast. She made each adult these cute skeleton heads filled with Halloween goodies.



Thank you so much aunt Sharla, it was so much fun!

Each of the kids had Halloween parades and it was so cute seeing all of the unique costumes. Chandler asked if she could be a porcupine, or Glenda the good witch this year. I said, "uuummmm, sure if you want, but Finley is going to be a cat." She fell for it, and immediately asked if she could be a cat as well. Evil I know, but I had no time to come up with one of her choices and actually make it look good. So cats they were. I couldn't just have them in all black, so they were funky cats.

Gabe originally wanted to be a ninja turtle and I was going to ambitiously try and make him the costume. When we went to Walmart for the material and weapons, he fell in love with the Batman costume, so Batman it was. I must admit it was less stress for me. All I had to make this year were tutu's and hair bows, YES!!! I think I will get started earlier next year and make them there costume of choice.













We bought pumpkins and had a contest boys against girls. Chandler and I carved an owl with a moon and stars, ( I have a sort of fixation with owls) and the boys carved a skeleton with bats. I think that we totally won the contest, but they insist that they did. It was so cute seeing the kids concentrate so hard on cutting and poking. They thought that the "spider webs" ( the slimy insides of the pumpkin) were so cool.















On Halloween,we went trunk or treating to a few different locations, and let the kids do some old fashioned trick or treating in my moms neighborhood. They all came home with so much candy it was ridiculous. I loved dumping it all out, categorizing all of the yummy treats, and saving all of the Almond Joy for myself. They both agreed that Halloween was there favorite holiday, but they say that about whatever holiday it is at the time.

I hope you all had a fun and spooky Halloween...

25 comments:

Lisah said...

You do the best things... seriously. Finleys hair bow is ADORABLE and she is getting so big and so cute. I love to see pictures of your kids. I am glad you had a fun Halloween!!! miss ya!

C.B. said...

Love your kiddos costumes so cute! Oh, I didn't get the chance to tell you today that Finley looked so pretty in her white dress when she was blessed. I was there for my nephew.

Devyn said...

That is so much fun! Your kids costumes looked adorable! I love the batman costume!!

JANEAL said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun! The kids look so cute all dressed up. I always eat Carter's Almond Joys too!

Bon said...

I heard how much candy you all got! I need to come home for Halloween they have no clue ho to put on a "Trunk or treat" here! I bet Aunt Shar's party was awesome. She does throw a great party. I am glad you had fun!! Miss you all!

Genessa said...

I love the costumes they are so cute. Your kids are just beautiful. Glad to see that you had a great Halloween.

Nichelle said...

Your kids look so cute all dressed up! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween! I love to have the kids "share" their candy with me too!

Brenda said...

What talentyou have crafty lady! Finley looked darling in her blessing dress! The kids look great, and that was a great picture of Gabe! That little boy is a cutie. Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. We had a boys against girls pumpkin carving competition as well, we had a blast, it might turn into a tradition!

Amberlee said...

Wow- that party sounds amazing! Halloween did seem especially long this year. The kids were in costumes for about 3 days straight. Your kids look so cute!

Holly said...

Sounds like a PERFECT Halloween! Your little family is SO cute! I LOVE the pumpkin carving contest! :)

SueAnn said...

Your kids look so cute in their costumes!

Becca said...

I want to see your owl pumpkin, Boogs.

Maybe you could do a hedgehog instead of an owl--with cute little matted fur or something.

Becca said...

oops--I mean, instead of a porcupine.

Kate Call said...

love your kiddis costumes! and i can't wait to have kids to be able to eat their stash too ;) .... they should make it okay for adults to trick or treat too.. its not fair! glad you had a good one!

Janiel said...

Sounds like a super fun halloween. The kids look adorable in their costumes...and I am so jealous you had some Almond Joys. After dumping Burkley's bucket out, can you believe he only had ONE!?

Amber said...

Your kids look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey, your girls are lucky. Those are the cutest FunKy cat costumes I've ever seen. Congratulations on the blessing. What a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

remeda
Hey, your girls are lucky. Those are the cutest FunKy cat costumes I've ever seen. Congratulations on the blessing. What a wonderful day!

Kris said...

So so cute Hanna! You're a fun mommy. And I heard that you guys really scored at the trunk or treat's. Nice job on the tutu's.

Natalie♥ said...

Your kids look so cute! I love your baby she is such a sweetie. It looks like you had a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looked great and so did your pumpkins! Finley's blessing was so nice & she looked so beautiful. My girls couldn't stop staring at her during sacrament meeting :)

Britney said...

Finley looked adorable! Sounds like a fun Halloween.

Katie Lee said...

your kids did look so cute. did the video of us scaring the kids at the halloween party not turn out? bummer... that was pretty hilarious.

kim said...

Hanna...oh my gosh. I've had this feeling for a while that I've needed to call you or come see you, and I just didn't. no excuses...I am so sorry to hear about what happened. But I am so glad Finley is doing better :) I'm sorry i've been a bad friend. I miss you...let me know when would be a good time to come over. I stay home now, so I'm open pretty much everyday :) Know i always love you....
kim

Melissa said...

I am always so shocked at how many comments you and Bonnie get, you two are obviously loved by so many! The kids looked adorable in their costumes, Finley especially!