Pages

30.8.08

A Fresh Start...

Well, back to blogging. I have so much to blog about, but I decided the kids first day of school would be a great place to start.

Chandler as been so excited to be going to the "Big School". She was really disappointed when she found out she didn't get to ride the bus, (They decided to stop bus transportation for those who live within a certain parameter ) and she was so mad when she found out. The bus used to stop right in our front yard and for two years she has said she can't wait until she gets to ride it. I was a little sad for her sake, but I didn't really want to let her ride it anyway. I am a paranoid freak that way. She loves her teacher and loves going to the "Big School."



I asked each of the kids there favorite part about school. Chandler said, so enthusiastically, "playing computers, there is a fairy game and the fairy knows my mame and she even can spell it!" ("mame" is name, it's not a typo, its how she pronounces it.) Although I correct her, I happen to think it is adorable.



This is her teacher Mrs. Peterson. She taught when I went to Iona Elementary. I never had her as a teacher but a few of my sisters did, and they say she is the nicest teacher ever.



When I asked Gabe his favorite part, he said, "nothing"! He wasn't as enthusiastic as Chandler was about school. He was so scared when I took him. I thought he would be my social butterfly, but no such luck. He was so shy. I think he has had so much change, like a new baby, then us leaving for two weeks, now school, he is just having a hard time getting into a familiar routine. Every time I try to leave somewhere he breaks down, tells me not to leave him and asks to kiss baby "finny" before I go. I think that he thinks we are going to leave again, and it breaks my heart for him.



Gabe's teacher is Mrs. Blakely. They call her Mrs. Di, because her name is Dianna and it's just easier. Chandler had her in Preschool, and I was so impressed with how much she learned!



I got really inspired by this art station I saw in a pottery Barn Kids magazine. I made this organization station in the library for them. I wanted to wait until the wall was painted, but decided since that wasn't happening any time soon that I might as well just do it.
I am so glad I did. I love it, and it has helped me stay on top of things.



I also made these puppies for an after school snack. My mom always had yummy after school snacks for us when we got home and I plan to keep it a tradition. They are called "Chocolate Chip Blondies" and they are divinity let me tell you. I think I ate most of them!



Last but not least, our sweet baby Fin. She is growing like a weed and getting stronger everyday. She is still on oxygen, but is making improvements all the time. She is so spoiled by all of us. I swear the child is never put down between the four of us. The kids love her to death, and hold her every chance they get. She is our little miracle.



21 comments:

Bon said...

The kids look so cute for their first day of school! I LOVE Gabe's haircut! He looks older! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your station and you definitely inspired me to find a place in my house to make my own as well! You are so talented and I am soooo happy you are back on the blogging wagon!!

Finley does look bigger! Oh I am hoping that she can get off of oxygen soon!:)MIss you- come see me!!!! I will spoil you rotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devyn said...

Oh my goodness.. they look so cute and grown up in their school clothes and backpacks! i love it! and good mom.. i want cookies!! im glad you are making it back to the blogging world also! i miss your posts and cute ideas!! as for me i am still just pregnant.. ready to be done! i love your station also i love to organize.. even though my house shows no evidence of that. i love you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that station, I have been wanting to do one forever, but I can't find a desk that I like! you are so creative :) I am glad that Finley is doing better, and I hope she can get off the oxygen soon!

Amberlee said...

So glad to see that you are back to blogging! I can see that you have been extremely busy but it all looks great- the art station, the blondie dessert- all of it!

Sandi said...

What a fun post, they look so cute and excited for school. You are such a cute mom. Finley looks like she is doing so good and I am so glad that you are all doing well.

Head Over Hills said...

Your kids are adorable. I hope that your little boy adjusts to everything soon. Change is so hard on little ones. I hope life slows down a little bit for you guys. So glad to hear your baby is doing well.

jen said...

I saw the picture of Mrs. Peterson and she looks familiar to me! I think one of my sisters must have had her. You have such a cute family! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out.

Anonymous said...

OAH YEAY, Finley looks so healthy and beautiful. She is the cutest little miracle I've ever seen. You're so good to be so organized, I think that may be one of my biggest faults! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!!

Nichelle said...

Your kids both look so cute for their first day of school! I hope that Gabe is able to adjust to all of his changes soon, poor little guy! I am so glad that Finley is grow and getting stronger, she is such a doll.

Lisah said...

The kids do look so cute on their first day of school!!! I love Chandlers little pose on the stairs! Finley looks so great! Her color is great and I am glad she is improving. Hopefully the oxygen won't be needed too much longer!! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Your work station is so cute. I want to do ne for my little guys. I just need the time to do. Finlay is looking good. I'm glad she is feeling better and she is home finally.

Roylance Rec. Center said...

So cute Han! I am so glad we all have kids the same age. It's nice nice to not have to go through it alone. Your kids look so cute and excited. And I love your little area you made. I will have to do something like that...it's smart.
I love you! Give your kids kisses for me.
Love Ali

Genessa said...

I bet you guys are so excited to be home.
It is so fun to see pictures of the kids on the first day of school.
Di Blakely was actually in our ward before we moved to Pocatello she is such an awesome lady.
Glad to see that little Finley is getting stronger she is a doll. Can't wait to see more.

Holly said...

You have the cutest kids Han! Little Finley is so precious! We are so glad she is doing well! :) I'm def. going to try those cookies too!! MMM!!! Oh, and if you feel like getting out we are having a little get together at Chelsea's on Friday... call me if you want to come with me!!

Holly said...

PS LOVE THE pottery barn organization station... as if you need to be more organized! haha. You are so amazing!

Brenda said...

The kids look darling! Finley looks so cute and she is definetly growing up! I am about as sad as Chandler is about the bussing situation!!!Hope Gabe decides he likes something more than "nothing" here pretty soon!!!

Amber said...

Finley looks so good! I am glad she is growing and doing well. Mrs. Peterson is a really nice woman. I know some of her kids from growing up. I think she would be a great teacher.

Anonymous said...

Gabe breaks my heart! That's just not like him. It's so good to see a picture of Finley- she looks so good and has definantly grown! And of course Chandler looks absolutely beautiful :) I'm glad we get to keep in touch seeing you at school every day!

Kate Call said...

sounds like you have been busy.. and between it all you make yummy snacks.. your a maniac woman!! i only have myself and jermey to take care of and i hardly cook at all.. you have inspired me though.. i'll use this recipe and try them for sure! so gald to hear your sweet fin is doing better! she is adorable.. and glad to hear she is so spoiled.. she should be!! love ya han

Becca said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are having some sort of normalcy in your crazy life! I can't decide if I like Chandler's sassy pose on the stairs, Gabe's sweet smile with Miss Di, or that ADORABLE picture of Finley the best. I'm glad her color is looking so good! Can't wait to see you!

PS- sweet sweet pottery barn miracles

Melissa said...

Your kids are so cute, I love the school pictures! I am so glad to see Finley is getting better, what a blessing. You've been in my prayers, hope life is getting easier. Where are the pics of you?!!