Pages

26.1.12

Sissykins...

I am horrible at journal keeping, and that is why it is so important for me to do better and document all of the sweet, and not so sweet, memories that my family have made.
 I am starting fresh, playing a little catch up, and committing at least one day a week to my poor, neglected blog.
 I wanted to have a little fun and brag about my three little lovelies.
First off... 

 Chandler
{Chan, Sissy, Sissykins}


Chandler turned 8 years old!
Can you believe it?
My sweet baby girl is growing up way too fast. 
She was baptized last August, and I don't know who was more nervous, me or her!? So many questions and worries filled my mind, and I was the biggest bawl baby the last few months leading up to it. I kept wondering, did we teach her enough? Is she ready? Will she truly understand the importance of this day? 
Although I still worry and hope she makes good choices throughout her life, I know that she was ready, and that she really does understand how special that day was. I am also learning that I need to let go a little bit, and allow her to make her own choices. Not always easy.
Who am I kidding,
Not Ever Easy!
{Her Baptism invite!}

{Love this sweet picture! Doesn't she look just like her daddy?}
 C is my sweet, little girly girl.  Here is a little convo we had recently.
C "Mom, a lot of girls wear really cute clothes to school."
Me "You don't like the clothes you wear."
C " I do like them, but I think you like to dress me,... country."
Me {literally, laughing out loud} " If you could only wear one outfit to school, what would it be.?"
C {before I even finished}"A dress!"... "Or a skirt!" " I could even wear leggings under them if you want."

Yes,  without question, she is our girly girl!
{We let her practice self expression on Saturdays! haha}

Chand has such a wild imagination. She loves anything and everything make believe, and I hope she never grows out of it.
She has one of the biggest hearts.♥ She constantly worries about helping and pleasing others, and  hates making any choices that she feels might upset someone else.
 I love asking her who she loves the most out of me or her daddy, and it makes her so crazy.
She is our biggest helper at home. She is such a good little cleaner, and even helps her brother and sister with their jobs when she is finished. {I'm pretty sure she ends up doing their jobs every time!}
She loves to cook, sing, draw, sing, dance, play piano, and sing. Did I mention sing?
She is never. not. singing!
Chris even started a "no singing in the car" rule. 
I have to admit I was annoyed about the rule at first, but lets face the facts., The second she starts, Gabe and Fin go bonkers! It's like being shoved into a small room with an opera singer and two cage fighters. Nutso! Needless to say, the rule is a keeper, and there is no singing in the car! 
 She can sing everywhere else til her little heart's content.
And believe me,....she does!

{She made a stage while we were working on our treehouse!}
C's favorite Holiday is Christmas, just like her grandma Coon. She wants to listen to Christmas music year round, and begs to keep her little Christmas tree in her room forever. I usually give it til the end of January til the tree is boxed away until November.
 She really does light up when they start playing Christmas music on the radio, and I have heard "Silent Night" more than I'm sure most of you. She is the perfect example of how we should all carry the Christmas Spirit throughout the year, and it always puts a smile on my face to see how much she truly loves it.
 
 
A few things Chandler accomplished this past year...
 Played in her first piano recital.
Ran her first 5k.
Learned how to do a back flip!

{Christmas Recital}
There is so much more I could write about our sweet little sissykins. From the day she was put into our arms and we became parents, she has made our lives complete bliss!
We love you so much baby girl.


3 comments:

Katie Lee said...

she is such a little diva. Okay, I didn't even know she was taken piano lessons, let alone that she had a recital!!! You best let me know next time she has one so I can go!! (glad to see it's not the first snow of the year anymore!) :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Will do!

Terry Family said...

It is funny how much I didn't know about her. It seems just like yesterday she was a toddler. I am proud of her and all she is becoming. You and Chris really have done a great job with all three of your adorable children!! Keep up the great work!!!