Pages

11.2.09

Weekend Fun, photo's, & cute idea's..

Last weekend, me, Chris, my sister, Rebecca, her husband, Allen, and my brother in law, Cameron, went snowboarding. I grew up skiing, but when we got married I decided to convert to boarding, because it seemed the cool thing to do. It has been over four years since I last went, and I had only been twice before that, so I had to basically learn everything over. Can I just say that I have never felt so sore in my entire life! The first run was a little rocky, but I managed to go down without falling much. Then came the second run. My dear husband and brother in law decided to take me down the far left run. You know the one that goes in between a ton of trees! You have about zero room to move, and unless you are an experienced boarder I suggest that you stay away from it. I fell apart!! I couldn't make it up half the hills, due to my speed, (or the lack thereof) and I had to keep stopping because apparently having three babies makes you SEVERELY OUT OF SHAPE!!!! I was yelling at Chris for taking me on such a hard run, and I just about started to cry. We finally made it to the bottom, and I was so frustrated. ( I think my brother in law has a different picture of me now, sorry Cam.) I made Chris and Cameron leave, so that I could practice on my own. When they left, I debated going in the lodge and feeling sorry for myself. For those that know me, know that I am extremely competitive when it comes to sports, almost to a fault. I hate that I wasn't able to just pick it up and start carving right away, and even more than that, I hated that I was feeling so defeated. I decided that it was way too expensive to just give up, and I went up the lift to try again. The ride up was beautiful!! The sun was shining, and we couldn't have asked for better day. The weather was perfect. My whole attitude changed and I just thought how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. I am so happy that I decided to give it another try, because by the time that I caught up with my husband, I was carving and feeling confident. I can't wait until we go again!










I found these beautiful picture's, and fell in love. They actually make the freezing cold look pleasant. I love the red through the white snow.




Courtesy of Flickr, I found these beautiful pictures. Dreamy snow berries, Nature 55's photostream, Red barn in the snow, Snow needs a hug's photostream, King of hearts, Jude's photostream, and a snow heart for you, Janoid's photostream.
I found these cute Valentine ideas on Tip Junkie. I love this site, and if you haven't ever visited it, you are missing out.


If I hadn't already purchased things for my kids Valentines, this is exactly what I would have done. I want to use it for next year, so cute.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been years since I have been skiing.. I don’t know if I could snowboard.. I bet it was beautiful. I love the mountains on clear days what a joy it is to live in on such a magnificent mountain range.. I have never been to that web site but they have some cute things thanks .. I don’t have anything yet for my kids (I am behind right now) I love the shovels they are adorable

Crazy Livin' said...

AWESOME. I still have yet to try skiing or boarding... hopefully next year I'll start that up. I love all the cute craft and kid fun ides you share. Love you
Love Ali

Becca said...

Oh Boogs, such the good story-teller. I am emailing you my pictures from the trip right now. Can't wait to go again!

Janiel said...

You are SOOO brave. We have contemplated snowboarding several hundreds of times and I chicken out every time. I keep hearing how sore everyone is and I just ask myself, "why?" Glad you ended up having a good time and just maybe I might someday give it a try!

JANEAL said...

Way to stick it out and not give up! I haven't been snowboarding for about 14 years....YIKES! I'm glad you ended up having a fun time.

C.B. said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love the heart one with the feet!

Holly said...

I've never been skiiing or boarding! I know crazy. CUTE V-day ideas!!!

Mandy said...

Oh I miss the mountains. I am glad you didn't give up either. You have to give yourself credit....you hadn't been in 4 yrs!! ( me either by the way ) You fun that Becca went with you. What a joyous family you have boogs.

P.S. Thanks for the "junkie" hint. I'll have to check it out. Cute ideas.

Kate Call said...

love the snow boarding pics... love the cute pics with the hubby! love your guts.
you always have cute ideas. you kill me. i'll never be able to keep up with you when i have kiddies of my own!

jen said...

Sounds like fun. Last year I went skiing for the first time. It was fun until I went down a REALLY hard hill/mountain and then I felt exactly like you... so frustrated, sore, and wanting to cry. I'm glad you went again and ended up having a great time. Go you!!

Amberlee said...

You're so brave. I definitely would have gone inside the lodge and had a little pity party for myself. I hate the cold so I haven't been skiing in YEARS! I'm glad you had fun though :)

Heidi Anderson said...

How fun! I went snow boarding once and I'll never do it again! Those crafts are the cuties things! love ya

The Denning Family said...

Hey Hanna-
MarjAnn gave me your blog address, hopefully thats ok. It was good to hear from you and I'm glad you're family is happy and well! I put your blog address on my blog because I liked your fun ideas! If you care let me know!