Pages

21.9.08

The Perfect Morning....

Usually when Finley wakes up at six in the morning, I feed her, burp her, hold her up for a half hour for her reflex, change her diaper, then I try to get in a few more zzz's before starting the day. This morning I decided instead of fighting the inevitable, (which is not being able to go back to sleep, and being cranky and tired all morning) I would take advantage of some much needed quiet time. The house was chilly so I got all bundled up and headed down stairs. I wanted the kids to have a good breakfast before school, so I started some biscuits. It seems like a nutrigrain bar and yogurt were becoming the quick and easy routine for breakfast and I wanted to make them something that would really stick to there bellies. ( I totally quoted my dad right there..how funny..). Oatmeal and biscuits are Gabe's favorite and Chandler loves them just as much, so I thought it would be a pleasant surprise. Here is the yummy recipe off of my sisters blog!

After I put the Biscuits in I made myself one of my favorite drinks, hot Apple Cider..YUMMY!!
There is something about the brisk feeling of Fall that makes me want to drink hot cider every morning. While I made the cider I sang, The best part of waking up is with cider in your cup". I know it doesn't have the same ring to it, and although I do love the smell of coffee, I can't imagine it tasting as delectable as apple cider. It smelled like fresh warm biscuit's in the oven and warm apple cider, now all I needed was a good book to read while I waited for the kids to wake up.



A few
of my friends, ( Brenda, Nichelle, and Janeal) bought me the fourth book in the "Twilight" series and before I read it I have been wanted to read the others again. I don't retain things for very long, and I wanted to remember every nail biting detail. So I started the books again. So far they are just as good as the first time I read them. Thanks again girls for the thoughtful gift. It wasn't long into the book before I could hear Gabe growling at the top of the stairs, followed by Chandler whining that it was too cold. Surprisingly I wasn't tired or cranky. I think I will start making mommy mornings a daily ritual.

Oh before I forget, Chris woke up shortly after the kids, saw me in all of my morning glory and said, and I quote, " I dare you to blog whatever it is that you are wearing"! I got a good laugh out of it, so here it is for all of you die hard eighties leg warmer/Mr. Roger sweater loven fans. ME IN ALL OF MY MORNING GLORY!!! This one is a shout out to my hubby...love ya babe!




I hope you all have a Beautiful day, and take a little time out for yourselves. IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!

26 comments:

C.B. said...

What a good way to deal with hard mornings when all you want to do is sleep but cant! I love the pictures of your kiddos.

PS I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HOTTER LADY TRYING TO LOOK LIKE AN 80'S MR. ROGERS IN ALL MY LIFE!

Kate Call said...

that is so awesome you do that for you kids han... so sweet! what a cute little mamma!! and by the way.. that picture of you is my favorite.. i LOVE your outfit.. funky.. yet cozy! your always cute though. love ya to death! ... and yes.. you do have BEAUTIFUL children!!

canihavethisdance said...

You have beautiful children!
The pictures are adorable!
I'm glad that baby Finley is doing better.

Unknown said...

You look so comfy! Those pictures are adorable, and those biscuts sound so yummy :) What a great mom, and how fun to have some mommy time!

Holly said...

Well, I can only hope to look as good as you in all of my "morning glory!" You are a doll!! I LOVE it! What a great mama too! Beautiful pics of your kids too!!

gina said...

oh my heck! i wish i looked that good in the morning! i look like a train wreck!

gina said...

I LOVE your sweater by the way!

Britney said...

Every mom needs some good quiet "mommy time". Cider and a good book sounds perfect right now!
I think I might go buy myself some leg warmers!

Terry Family said...

I love the pictures of the kids. It makes me realize how much I miss seeing all the nieces and nephews so much. I can see each of the kids personalities coming out in the pictures. Thanks for sharing it was just what I needed to see this morning to make me smile! Love ya, kiss the kids for me!!

jen said...

How cute! I love the picture of you! I feel great when I'm able to wake up early too... I wish I could get myself to do it more often! Keep up the great work! :)

Amberlee said...

I have kind of been trying to do the same thing since the kids started school. I wake up and do scriptures/prayers and make a good breakfast and get myself ready. Then... I can tackle the boys. I think it truly has helped to have some "me" time before I wake up everyone else. Good for you! And I think you look adorable in your outfit (when don't you look cute?)!And the pictures of your kids are awesome! They look so dang cute!

SueAnn said...

I love the cozy outfit! Your kids pictures are adorable, I love them!!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

you're so cute. I love you
Love Ali

Anonymous said...

You are so cute in your eighties attire!! Curling up with a good book in a comfy outfit is the best! I love the 10 minutes of my time in the morning before I wake up the younger boys and start the morning ritual. But there is nothing like the 1st morning hug of the day to make the rest of the day better

Devyn said...

That is a great idea. Im not a morning person, but I have noticed that when I wake up and decide to have a good attitude it makes all the difference in the world! And dont we all need that alone time!! You do have beautiful children!!!

Anonymous said...

You never fail to make me laugh!! I just finished book 2 of the Twilight. I'd always roll my eyes when people would talk about them, but they are SO good :) I love the outfit, where do I get one?

Becca said...

Did you really make my biscuits? Or open up a Pillsbury can, Boogs?

Teehee--I want to start my morning out like that,too.

Sweet outfit.

Bon said...

Oh those leg warmers are such divine fashion statements! I love them! If I could only look as fabulous as you every day! Seriously you could make headgear look good!!! You are so beautiful!!! And such a great mommy!

Mandy said...

Boogs! I need you to come make me some breakfast like that.....then maybe I'll be happy to get going in the mornings.
I LOVE your outfit. There's nothing like a warm pair of socks and a grandma sweeter.....Only I don't own a pair of leg warmers. Good idea! ....and SO cute with the outfit.
Much Love

Anonymous said...

ooh I completely agree, sweater and a warm drink... there's nothing better. And finley's pics are super cute, even when she's frowning she too adorable.

Brenda said...

I wish I could do that everymorning! I have a slight problem with getting out of bed! I love it there!!! I really wish I was more of a morning person! You do look quite cute all bundled up :)

Kate Call said...

i just saw your family pictures that bon took! AMAZING!! i can't get over how beautiful you and your whole family are! get those pictures up on your blog soon to show off.. they are show off worthy for sure! you look so great han!

Sheila Fish said...

Oh Hanna, your guys' blog is so adorable! I love it! Such cute pictures...and what can I say, I think we're all a little jealous of the Mr. Rogers 80s outfit..

Melissa said...

I love the pictures of your kids, wow they are beautiful! She did a really good job! I love the ones of them by the white fence, those are my favorite!!

The Michiganders said...

Must have legwarmers. Seriously! Where did you find those? I love em--want some for me and my girls.

The kid pics are so adorable.

Natalie♥ said...

I love your new family pictures, they are very beautiful, you have a wonderful little family. I hope you are doing well.